Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Little Discouragement

I'm feeling a little discouraged today. My weight hasn't dropped. I had the menstrual bloat & gain going on last week. Yesterday I was back down to pre-PMS weight, today I'm back up.

What IS it with body image that I can't quite nail down? First I'm a skinny girl, then a skinny girl trapped in a "fat" girl's body, and now my identity's all confused. I think I look OK, but I'm certainly not where I want to be. And that's what's driving me most. I think I look OK, then I see pics of myself and want to die. OR run. It gets confusing around here.

My muscles (and everything else) were dog tired after Tuesday's run. But I recovered OK. I didn't sleep well AT ALL last night, so I've had a bad headache today that even 4 ibuprofen have failed to take the edge off of.

I'm trying to pull it together for a run tonight. I'm pretty convinced I can do it. With a nap and 3 more ibuprofen, that is.

I'm waiting until it "cools" down. It's 102 degrees right now. I've planned to run Saturday morning, so I really have no wiggle room in terms of rescheduling.

*Sigh*

I'm freakin' tired people!

1 comment:

Apple Joos said...

I know what you mean about being pleased in the mirror but feeling gross again when you see a picture. Sometimes I wonder if I'm just fooling myself or in denial. Or if my friends just think it's funny to use a fish eye lense when they take pictures of me.