Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Excuses Excuses

Top 10 excuses for being a total slacker:

10. I’m one tired chica.
9. Sarah Palin – you either love her or hate her. I’m on the fence.
8. I can’t be “everything” to “everyone”. In other words, I can’t run, then go to work, spend my lunch hours helping with homework, then work again, cook dinner, help again with homework, get groceries/do laundry/perform household “chores”/go visiting teaching all inside of one day and still keep my sanity.
7. One of my toenails cut the toe next to it last time I ran. That and, oh, I felt totally lonely! ME! Who never likes to run with anyone.
6. I have pain in my left butt cheek. I’ve self-diagnosed it as either piriformis syndrome or sciatica.
5. I’m liking my sleep in the mornings. Going to bed “late” does not do me justice!
4. I’m a little discouraged. I looked up course information for the half marathon I’m training for. (See there under “Half Marathon Course Description”? See what it says? I’m a little freaked out right now. Hold on. Gotta put my head between my knees. . . )
Whew! I’m better now. Moving on . . .
3. I don’t want to be “told” what to do. Even by myself. I want to do it because I want to do it. That doesn’t always work when I’m telling myself that the next hill to climb is the 8 mile hill. Or the 9 mile hill. And so on and so forth.
2. My shins started acting up. . . AGAIN!
1. Sheer laziness.

Reasons I will keep running – but on “my” terms (whatever the crap that means):
1. I miss it when I’m not out there.
2. I really like the weight loss factor.
3. M continues to be impressed (as do a few of my friends) that I can actually run 5-6 miles in one session.

No comments: