Saturday, June 7, 2008

2:3 v2

I know I'm not on schedule, but at least I got 3 runs in this week. Hooray!

91 degrees when I left the house at 9:30! Thank God for a breeze. Oh, did I say "breeze"? That's what I thought it was until I hit the turnaround point in my run. Then I realized it was windy, not breezy!

It was HOT. The wind cooled me off when it was at my back during the first half of my run. It was very hard to push against during the latter half, however.

Shins didn't bother me too much. My left knee hurt at the end of my run, but I think it was really hard for me to keep good form toward the end and that's why.

The intervals weren't too difficult at the beginning, but ohmylife, they were on the latter half. I was very very hot at one point. I had read about how to cool down when running in hot weather. The key is the head. So I poured water over my head. It helped a lot and gave me the oomph I needed for the next running interval.

At one point, at 52 seconds in, I wanted to stop running SO SO badly. But I said to myself "Come on! Come on!" and I kept going. But my plans for a 2 minute finish like last time were instantly canned. I did, however, add an extra minute at the end (past the normal start of my cool-down walk) for an extra push.

Every time I wanted to quit or it got a little hard, my body wouldn't let me - drugs flooded my system and pushed me on. It was awesome that my body kept me going. Well, that and Pearl Jam and Prodigy again. Next week, I think I'll need the sassy push of the Pussycat Dolls.

Remember how I mentioned before about wanting to curl up in a ball and die? That was for dramatic flair. Today, it was for real!!

I got home, and collapsed on the couch. I made myself get up, turn on the fan, and stretch out. Eventually I cooled off, with the help of an ice pack over my shins and left knee.

Overall, I feel I made a good choice by starting week 2 over again. Monday brings the start of week 3. I just won't do it late morning when it's already like a low-grade sauna outside!

1 comment:

Apple Joos said...

Linkin Park is also awesome for running. I'm not a big Metallica fan, but I've always loved the driving force of the song "Fuel" Keep up the good work!!