Thursday, May 29, 2008

2:1 (Week 2, Run 1)

Yes, I realize it's been longer than 2 weeks since I started this here running venture. Whatever. I'm keeping with it, if only in my own good time. Which anyone who knows me knows "my own good time" is usually the day late and a dollar short sort of time-keeping.

I ran yesterday morning. 90 second running, 90 seconds walking. The cell phone/stopwatch accompanied me on the trip (must. buy. wristwatch.) so that I could track my intervals.

My body felt heavy! And tired. 90 seconds felt like a small forever! I am convinced it was because of all the crap food I ate while camping (read: chips, cookies, soda and other sugary drinks, angel food cake, hot dogs, etc. etc.). And sure enough, I weigh in at 170 this morning. Crap! Progress lost. For now.

I'll run again tonight in a showy effort to get 3 runs within a week. I figure if I can actually get my butt in gear (oh, I'm committed; just not very good at putting on my big girl panties, sucking it up, and sticking to a running schedule) and get out there more often - stick to a schedule (the bad "S" word) as it were - I might, just maybe, be able to add doing Weight Watchers to the mix and see if I can't really ramp up the results.

Seriously, though. While doing 2:1, I was thinking how strange it is that running (running!) is what motivates me. Then again, I'm the type who procrastinates so that I feel a little under pressure before I start doing whatever it is that needs to be done (housework, work-work, school work, etc.). I don't L-O-V-E running. But I love running!

So far, I'm sticking with it in a way that I can't stick with going to the gym (been there, done that) or exercise classes. OK. To be fair, I did go to the gym regularly for months and months on end. And I did do Jazzercise for months and months on end, too. And then I went back to the gym for months and months on end again. Now the gym just scares me. Too many communicable diseases. (told you I'm hypochondriacal!)

Whatever. Now I'm rambling.

Tonight, I run!

No comments: