Thursday, July 31, 2008

Favorite Day of the Week

Thursday is my new favorite day! It's REST day! I slept in this morning, made M lunch, and am now blogging! Suddenly I lurve Thursdays!

I made some minor adjustments to my running recently. I pulled my spencos out of my skechers and put them into my running shoes. Why I never thought of this before, I'll never know and have given up trying to figure out.

I also began running on asphalt. A little birdy told me that, though it seemed harder to me, asphalt is actually better for you than concrete. I heeded her advice. It seems to work well. At the very least, I don't have to worry about tripping on curbs or driveways.

Another thing I started doing is bringing my knee strap along with me, just in case. I don't wear it. (After the muscle stripping on Sunday, I was so bruised I couldn't put it on on Monday.) I carry it with me in case I need it. I'm trying to stretch and massage well enough that I don't need it though.

I've taken to singing out loud with some of my music while running. Except some early risers out there on my route tend to hear me. Oh well. It keeps me going.

Yesterday was pretty "slow & steady". But it seemed easier than Tuesday.

I'll be massaging and stretching again today, getting ready for tomorrow's run. And I'm already mapping out in my mind my 4 miler for Saturday.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love thursdays too! what a genius birdy! I have been mapping out my 4 miles for the last 2 weeks! I am impressed you can sing while you run it takes all my air just to run!!