Friday, May 23, 2008

1:3

Dedication. That's the theme for today. I woke up at 5:30-ish. Before my alarm. Before M's earlier alarm. I laid in bed trying to get some more rest.

All running bets for yesterday were off. I was WAY too tired in the a.m. and the p.m. had a lot of this going on: I don't like to be wet. At. All. In fact, hate would be a good word to use here. So - no run in the p.m.

I got out of bed this morning at 6:30, peeked out the window to see if the rain was taking a break. It was, so I got dressed. By the time I stretched, checked the "weather station" in our kitchen, put on a sweater to help with the suddenly 54ยบ temperature, and headed outside, it was drizzling again. I went back inside to put on a hat, and yelled to M that I probably wouldn't be gone too long since it was, in fact, raining again.

I started my running earlier. As in before I even left my neighborhood. I could not believe I was actually running in. the. rain!

But I did it. It was hard for some reason. My body was tired. And sluggish in the cold. And my shin splints seemed worse, regardless of my form. I didn't time my intervals, I just guesstimated. And I shortened my run by about half. I got back home and I had only been gone like 23 minutes. That includes the de-robing I did in front of the dryer before I put all my wet clothes in and fired it up.

I stretched back out, my legs still tight which means they didn't really even warm up. I was all limber after my run last time. Less tight. Oh well. Some other day when it's not rainy. I'm on to week 2 of the program: 90 second intervals of walking and running. Woo hoo!

I'll probably try a run while I'm camping this weekend. We'll see how that goes. It's currently snowing up there! I don't know if I have that kind of dedication! Plus, I might just pass out from the higher elevation if I push it too much.

No comments: